- Rehearse your story before you go live or take a video.
- Record video with your phone in the horizontal position at all times
- Use the camera as your eyes. Filming by holding the camera and looking over or past it leads to blurry footage and only partially capturing your desired video
- Add extra silent footage before you start talking and after finishing. For editors this time is crucial for proper lead in’s and outs (for video that is not Facebook Live)
- Make certain to keep your hand clear of the phone’s mic / camera. Often footage is muted from a “hand over mic” situation
- Don’t use the camera flash.
- Don’t take videos in poor lighting. Instead, move towards an area with more light. Be aware of where your light is coming from; any back light or strong face lighting can make a shot unusable.